Jack Stand location on X-frame chassis???

Guest waijo355

Guest waijo355

Hello,

I recall a while ago i seen a diagram that showed the ideal locations to place jack stands for the Riviera X frame chassis, can anyone lead me to this picture???

Im wanna put my 67 Rivi on stands but dont know the best place to put em. i understand some positions can be detrimental.

Cheers

Guest dcdpgh

I am anxious to hear the answer to this question, as I have a related concern about the correct and safe lift location(s) when using a hydraulic floor jack.

For lifting with a floor jack:

- Front center cross member, in front of oil pan.

- Under rear differential in center of rear axel

Places to put jack stands:

- In front, just behind front wheels, you will see where frame slopes down and then runs even with the ground. Put them there.

- In rear you have 2 options:

+ Under rear axle, as far outboard as you can (works if you do not want to lower the rear axle to work on it).

+ Under frame forward of rear axle, near where control arms attach, if you want to allow the rear axle to hang.

Guest waijo355

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jim_Cannon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For lifting with a floor jack:

- Front center cross member, in front of oil pan.

- Under rear differential in center of rear axel

Places to put jack stands:

- In front, just behind front wheels, you will see where frame slopes down and then runs even with the ground. Put them there.

- In rear you have 2 options:

+ Under rear axle, as far outboard as you can (works if you do not want to lower the rear axle to work on it).

+ Under frame forward of rear axle, near where control arms attach, if you want to allow the rear axle to hang.

</div></div>

Cheers for that,

I also found the diagram i was after, post 13.

http://www.v8buick.com/showthread.php?t=151527&highlight=riviera+location