57 Paint Codes - help?

lancemb

My 57 has been repainted once decades ago (looks close, but not quite) and wanted to check out the original (hope to get it done right one day). It is a RM 75 and the paint code says ES, but I cannot find a color with code S on my paint chip sheet. Am I missing something? Thanks

Guest Charlie Larkin

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lancemb</div><div class="ubbcode-body">By the way, what is a spring color? The spring after the fall it's released? </div></div>

The manufacturers used to do "spring specials." Special trim and paint combinations and trim re-shuffling in some cases. As you surmised, it was usually the spring of the stated model year.

I took a look at your car, by the way, very pretty machine!

Charlie Larkin

lancemb,

Welcome to the '57 fold; this post will help clue you in to your RM 75.

http://forums.aaca.org/ubbthreads.php/topics/516391/Collecting_Your_Car_in_Miniatu#Post516391

The <span style="font-style: italic">Roadmistress</span>, my '57, is an early production car with Dover White over Dresden Blue.

Roadmistress_Roanoke.jpg

This is my dashboard; compare it to your RM 75's heavily-chromed version...

Dash_57_Buick.jpg

TG

I've just learned of two RM 75's with the "Tiara-Top" stainless roof treatment, similar to Model 73's & 76R's. They appear to be

special-order, original cars, so I stand corrected on the thread about collecting your car in miniature.

Roadmistress_Rear.jpg

The <span style="font-style: italic">Roadmistress</span>, an early Model 73 assembled in Atlanta.

It never ceases to amaze me how much there is to learn about '57 Buicks,

and even after 16+ years of study, there's still much to know.

These gorgeous <span style="font-style: italic">boulevardiers</span> are finally getting the respect they've always deserved,

and are as equally at home on Main Street as they are on major US Highways!

We really need to create a Registry for all '57's...

TG