64 Olds wheel size/dog dish caps

Guest 76Supreme455

Guest 76Supreme455

Does anyone know if the dog dish hubcaps in 1964 for a full-size Dynamic 88 are the same ones that were used on the 1964 F-85 when equipped with poverty caps. I found a set this past weekend in good condition and was told that they came off a 64 Dynamic 88. The painted steel wheels are also from the same car. They are 14 inch. My 64 F-85 has 14 inch wheels with full wheel covers and I wanted a set of poverty caps and wheels if I ever wanted to go for a different look. I just did not have any info as to the style caps, and also the bolt pattern on the wheels. Will 14 inch 88 wheels, fit on a 14 inch equipped F-85? Thanks for your help. Sorry I don't have any pictures of the caps.

Alan, the caps are similar, but different. Full-size car dogbowls have the flattened stylized Rocket. F85/Cutlass had that bull-horns looking design like on your door panels and dash.

They will fit both big car and F85 wheels, but the F85 and Jetstar 88 use 4-3/4 bolt circle. Dynamic thru Ninety Eight used 5x5 bolt circle wheels.

Find a set of 1964 wire caps. You will be amazed how sporty they'll make that 4D sedan look.

Guest 76Supreme455

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rocketraider</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Alan, the caps are similar, but different. Full-size car dogbowls have the flattened stylized Rocket. F85/Cutlass had that bull-horns looking design like on your door panels and dash.

They will fit both big car and F85 wheels, but the F85 and Jetstar 88 use 4-3/4 bolt circle. Dynamic thru Ninety Eight used 5x5 bolt circle wheels.

Find a set of 1964 wire caps. You will be amazed how sporty they'll make that 4D sedan look. </div></div>

Thanks for the info Glenn..........the wire caps are what I really want......can't seem to find any, hope to find some at the nationals!! Are you going?

Right now looks like no. I don't think me or the cars are up to the trip. I'd have to take the old gray station wagon if I went, and I never registered.

64 wires show up on ebay from time to time and have the flattened Rocket in the centerpiece. 65 wire caps are identical except they have the later vertical Rocket.