Hood Ornament Identifaction

Ozstatman

Attached are some pics of a Hood Ornament I've been asked to help identify. It appears to be an american indian with a feathered head-dress, the right arm held straight back while the left arm is forward but bent back at the elbow so the fist sits on the right chest. On the rear hand and on the right side of the chest there is a boss(flange?) with about a 1/16" hole through each boss as if each hand was holding something? A bow & arrow or spear? The two that come to mind most readily are Pontiac or Pierce Arrow but with my limited internet skills couldn't find anything to match this. Help is requested to identify it please.

Tried to add pic's but gave up in disgust! Instead see link below to a web album containing the hood ornaments pic's and scroll right, there are 7 pic's of the ornament. Please ignore the family photos and other shots mostly of Packards and parts in the album.

http://picasaweb.google.com/ozstatman/WadeSWorkshopJune2008/photo#5215735782267118834

Guest 57wagon

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 57wagon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Look familiar??? </div></div>

57wagon,

Certainly a very, very close match and to think you found the answer in my own backyard so to speak! The TV program that it was shown on is made here in Australia and the collector of that ornament comes from Turramurra which is another Sydney suburb. It appears from the information given that it is an aftermarket item. And, for what it's worth, was probably used on a Pontiac here as the guy who owns it used to work at a Holden(The local GM brand) dealership many years ago where he saved it from being thrown out in a clean up of the workshop.

Guest 57wagon

Don't be embarassed on that one. It was a custom unit to be sure. It was more than likely on a Pontiac. Found it on a google search using "Leaping Indian Hood Ornament" as my search query.

I am just glad I could help you identify a truly rare piece that would be great to own!