Windlace Trim on 1960 Electra Sedan (4719)

JanZverina

Can anyone tell me if the windlace trim (the woven fabric interior edging around upper door openings) extends all the way down the A-pillar from the roof to the front doorsills/kickpanel area? Mine come from the headliner above the front door window, but end at about the middle of the vent windows (half-way down the windshield pillars on both the driver and pass. sides) which looks odd. It's a six-window pillar sedan, body style 4719. Thanks!

Thanks! I found an excellent match for the windlace at SMS Auto Fabrics in Oregon if you are unfamilar with that source. It is a copperish rust color, same as the the 'cordoveen' fabric/vinyl seats. Dash, door panels and carpets are a cordovan (dark reddish brown) color.

Guest 70 Electra

Jan,

I got your email on this. Before responding, I wanted to look at my collection of GM factory photos, taken in 1960, showing the inside of various production 60 Buicks.

From these original factory photos, I can confirm that "yes", the fabric windlace on your 4719 sedan should extend all the way down to the carpet/sill plate.

Because the fabric windlace (hardtop cars used vinyl windlace) deteriorated so quickly, I assume yours simply fell off or was pulled off when it was old.

Hope this helps,

Greg