Ignition problems again

wenthur

After replacing the ignition switch because my key kept falling out while driving this new switch is much worse. I have to hold the key up and apply pressure for it to keep running. Took the "24 touring out this weekend and had a ball even though I had to hold the switch the whole time. Also my horn will sound on its own when I make turns, It makes people aware I am there but is quiet annoying I sure love driving this car around town. It is like a parade every time I go out.

Are you real with the duct tape. if that works I'll be driving around tomorrow, have to do it early it gets over 100 degrees b4 noon. I like getting out and letting people see these cars on the road and just not at car shows.

Guest John1918

Mike, hide a little toggle switch up under the dash somewhere to jumper the ignition switch but don't tell the purists or anyone else about it.

2. There's an insulating collar immediately under the steering wheel that has the horn wire connected to it. Any short circuit to ground on this wire will sound the horn so have a look there. The wire comes up inside the steering column and exits near the top, inside the aluminium spark/throttle control housing. Have a look at the bottom end where the wire exits the control column under the floorboards. I tried to get a steering wheel off to see how the horn button works but couldn't but I feel your problem might be there. John