OK Phil, 'fess up

Guest MauiWowee

Guest MauiWowee

First we got the news about the Reatta super car being scrapped, now your signature line sports mention of an '89, and your avatar shows you with a large grin in front of a red coupe.

Were you waiting to see how long it would take someone to notice? C'mon, pics and a list of your previous mods that will be be transplanted to the new car!

Congratulations? cool.gif

Guest TommyH

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MauiWowee</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tommy, here is the response to Phil's signature before the recent change. I'm not the only one that noticed.......... cool.gif

Scrapped </div></div>

Yeah. Where are you getting the scrapped thing from?

Honestly, I have no idea what is going on.

Phil told me that he still has the car, but you........ugg. Idk.

Guest MauiWowee

Look, no need to get so worked up. Phil posted in his signature that he parted his car out on ebay and scrapped the rest. It's a long time since April Fool's Day, but maybe he was having some fun or just a bad day. C'mon Phil, help me out here. Ronnie, anyone? cool.gif

His signature line for a short time said something to the effect:

... Parts sold on eBay... dream lost

I don't remember the exact words. I don't understand all the secrecy. Either he scrapped the car or he didn't. Why wait until tomorrow to give a better reply?

Guest Greg Ross

I'll tell you about a bad day. THIS IS PROBABLY WHAT YOU'D REFER TO AS ONE OF THOSE SELF-DEPRECIATING STORIES.

A year ago I had a total Hip replacement done (May 17/ 07) and I had to be on crutches for 6 weeks.(oh I wasn't allowed to drive standard either-left hip/ clutch pedal!)

Passenger window in the Reatta hadn't been closing quite all the way for a while. If the forecast was for rain I would go round and lift it manually the last 1/2". This would be typical of the habits you get into when you are in chronic pain/ taking copious amounts of pain killers and, you pretty much don't care!

One morning, about 3 or 4 weeks after surgery (still on crutches)(basically exactly one year ago today) I got ambitious, had quit all the narcotics cold turkey and was doing my best to stay busy. Peeled the passenger side door panel off and found 2 bad rivets, one gone and the other one ready to fall out from window sill. Found the right bolts, reassembled and had it pretty much back together but for the pull strap and the door switches on the door panel. Had the ignition turned on to get the door lock slide tab lined up with the inner pin mechanism and for whatever reason closed the door (ignition on and) the door locked!

I guess I must have had a tool box in the trunk because the trunk lid was open. Walked around to the trunk and looked at the pass-thru hatch, and decided then I would have to break in. Took whatever was in the trunk out and crawled/ climbed in. (I'll talk about spare keys later) Evaluated what I figured I would need for tools, climbed back out and made my tool selections.

I think I was in and out of that trunk 10 times for some other tool/ item. I did get in and unlock the doors thru that hatch. Seems I could not use a socket wrench and it took two open ended wrenches with very awkward manouvering on both sides to remove the studs that the hatch lock mechanism latched on to.

I was pretty sore and disgusted with myself over that episode.

It was probably several months before the realization came to mind that I had a spare door key in a magnetic box stowed up in under the front end of the car.

Guest Durahansolo

Something similar happened to me about 2 years ago. I had came home from church and pulled the Reatta into the garage to tune my subwoofer amp. Somehow between me getting in and out of the car 3-4 times to check to see how the subs sounded on the inside, I locked my keys in the car with the engine running. I was kinda angry at myself since it was hot outside and nobody was at home to let me in to get the spare set either. Just so happened that I walked around to the trunk and pulled up on it and it was open. I turned the subwoofer box on its side so I could dive in through the trunk, my hatch is always down so i crawled through the hatch turned the engine off, hopped into the front seat and unlocked the doors. Everybody I tell about it laughs since I'm 6'3 190 pounds diving through a trunk lol.

Guest EDBSO

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Greg Ross</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> It was probably several months before the realization came to mind that I had a spare door key in a magnetic box stowed up in under the front end of the car. </div></div> . . . would that be on the right front or left front? shocked.gif