Red and Yellow Brake Lights on

Guest Keith_Milford

Guest Keith_Milford

Wow; I kept expecting you to tell me to click my heels together three times. Seriously, though, I'm sure it would all clear up when I got started on it. However, I'm taking the chicken**** way out, and taking it to the mechanic. He said he would hook it up and give me the codes. He suggested that it was probably gunked up or worn hub sensors.

And thanks for the links. This all goes in the reference binder, since my search skills on this site are lacking.

By the way the mechanic said that he worked for GM (Olds mechanic, I think) when these cars were being sold. One detail he mentioned was that different carpet types/naps were used in different areas of the car. Strange and meaningless thing to remember, I thought, and I'm not really sure what he meant. Anybody know if that's BS or if it's even unusual. I guess he meant floor, doors, and I don't know where else.

BTW when Teeves says "Left" and "Right" they seem to mean when facing the engine from the front so that "left" is the passenger side and "right" is the driver's side.

I know that the figure on page 5E1-15 (89 manual) shows "right" as being the passenger side but spent months trying to find a passenger side (36/76) fault when the trouble was the driver's side sensor. Caveat y'all.

ref Earlier posting on subject