EDSO & New Ignition System

EDSO, I looked for a previous post and couldn't find it but didn't you purchase some upgraded ignition parts that were supposed to dramatically improve performance and gas mileage? If so, have you reported on the results yet?

Just read your post that you haven't installed the Jacobs module yet which you wrote a few hours prior to me making the above post. Once again, my timing is lacking!

I was not aware that Jacobs made a system for the Reatta. I had written them some time ago after I installed their system in my daughter's Taurus. Both Greg Ross and I are running MSD ignitions in our cars with good results. I installed an OEM module, Accel coil pack and Splitfire Wires, running Bosch 4s on my 90. Greg as I recall in running Mallory wires with the MSD on his 88. Both of us have seen mpg improvements, smoother running, and I think there is just a little more at the top end. I stop far short of claiming fabulous increases in power, but never really expected it.

Guest EDBS0

Not installed yet;<P>Jacobs Ultra Coil From Summit Racing Part # JAC-321412 $ 82.69<P>While there I also purchase MSD 8.5 mm Super Conductor Wires PN 32789 $54.37<BR>They are designed for S/C 3800 GTPs and the rear bank are only slightly long, not a problem, they work well (likely with the heat shields removed due to thick boots)<P>Summit 1-800-230-3030<P>No personal gain smile.gif" border="0<p>[ 07-16-2002: Message edited by: Easily Distracted ]