Value of '91 Reatta coupe?

My sister has a '91 red Reatta coupe for sale, and I'm trying to help her figure out what is a fair asking price.<P>Its VIN# is 1G4EC13L4MB901502, and it has 63,500 miles on the clock, with a new engine installed at 49,119 miles due to spun bearings. Also, its A/C has already been converted to R-134a. <P>It has a power moonroof, the body-colored moldings, and the later, (16" I think) more rare wheels. It has a tan leather interior and the regular display with no computer screen and comes with an Evolution 4 car cover.<P>As far as I know, everything works fine. It's spent almost all of its resting time in a garage, and is in very good condition and in need of a good home.<P>Any insight you can provide is greatly appreciated, and feel free to make an offer if you like.<P>Contact me at red91reatta@hotmail.com with any questions.<P>Thanks,<P>Mike Kozitka

Guest wally888

Have purchased 2, 91's, sold one.<BR> A few years ago I paid $11500.00 for one w/ sunroof and 40k miles. The exterior was like new, interior was excellent but dirty. Two new tires. I replaced headliner, changed tranny fluid and filter, replaced 2 tires, drove 6k and sold for $12500.00. ( Lucky, I guess)<BR> Last year, June, I bought another w/ 69k for $6,500.00. Interior is excellent, exterior- very few dings but paint is checked (whatever that means), looks good waxed, had to replaced 4 tires, paint rub strips, tranny fluid/filter-flush brakes.<BR> Thought $6500 was excellent buy? If my wife..........I'd be interestd in another 91.

Guest r_wright

I paid $7200 for my 41K 91 coupe six months ago. It has all the extra's (sunroof, CD, 16 way seats) and was in prestine condition both inside and out. I purchased this car from a specialty used car dealer. I guess I got a really good price on the car??

In response to the question about the car's location, it currently resides in the Gold Coast area of Chicago.<P>We're working on getting some photos together.<P>Mike

"Gold Coast area of Chicago" = Miami ?<P>Seriously, were the "spun bearings" for the cam ? (Know of two other 3800s that did that).<p>[ 07-08-2002: Message edited by: padgett ]