Buick 1931 8-90 heat riser wanted

<span style="font-weight: bold">Hi to all:

I'm looking for a heat riser for my 1931 buick model 8-90L 8 cyclinder inline 344 cid Mine is broken and unrepairable it has a casting number on it as 146-84</span>

Does anyone know where I could find this scarce part ?

I've tried a lot of places but out of luck .

Please help.

Thank you

Bob

Bob,

This is one of the most common needs in perwar Buicks. You could search for years to find one and then have to pay dearly for it. If it is a show car, you must do this.

If it is just cracked & you just want to get your car running again, Press in a new inner steel tube (my 24 Buick uses a length of standard 1 1/2" exhaust tubing). That is what actually carries the fuel air mixture to the intake manifold. Seal off the heat tubes from the exhaust valve, and enjoy driving your car.

If it is broken in two pieces, you should have it welded by a competent cast iron welder who will preheat the parts to achieve a good strong cast iron weld.

Bob,

Yes, these are very hard to find. I think, because they are so fragile, even if someone has a spare, they will want to save it for their own future use. Most anything is "repairable", and it is too bad no one wants to have the expense to try to recast them.

I will watch the thread carefully myself, as I have a spare that is cracked and am considering having it welded in the event I need one. But it is too small for you, a 50 series.

John