WTB a "newer" antique or soon to be antique car.

Susan

I have a 1984 Chrysler LeBaron town and country convertible for $1,800. It is not work free, but what has to be done is minor. the wood grain sides need to be redone but I have the adhesive backed correct vinyl for it. I drove it back and forth to work every day, before I got a 2005 PT cruiser convertible. The top on the chrysler is not ragged but it could use a replacement, although I do not drown in the fiercest storm. The A/C needs recharging.

Al Kahl

post-31507-143137980654_thumb.jpg

post-31507-143137980661_thumb.jpg

Thanks but even doing that is more than we want to take on right now. We honestly are looking for a turn-key car. Maybe an older restoration or very well kept original that someone wants a good home for.

We have a 1939 Dodge DeLuxe four-door that Bill has been working on. And the 1963-1/2 Falcon Sprint convertible that will be our AACA show car when it is done.

We want a car that we can enjoy now while he works on those two.

Guest Hinckley

Its getting close to vacation season so perhaps a cross country drive would be nice. Just kidding.

My son has been toying with the idea of selling his 1978 Olds 88. He is the second owner (he purchased it shortly before his daughter was born) and the car has just over 52,000 orignal miles. The car was garage kept until last fall. The reason he is thinking of selling is the price of gas that prompted his purchase of a used Saturn.

The car is very clean with the exception of the truck carpet. It would seem something was spilled there so someone just pulled the carpet out.

The primary problem would be the drive as he lives here in western Arizona.

I have a turn key national show winner car for sale. Slightly above your range at 12.5K, but I am also close to you, living in Pittsburgh, PA. It is a 1985 Riviera. It has 28K on it, drives anywhere, and at the judged ROA show in Lancaster a few years back, it took first place. The undercarriage is as clean as the top of the car. Have window sticker too. Let me know if interested and I can send pics.

Joebuick

Thanks but Bill says it is larger than the space we have to park it in. frown.gif I bet it is really nice. smile.gif

For two people with a an over-sized two car garage and lots of driveway space we have very little of that left. A 35' RV, a 32' car/camper combo trailer and 2-horse trailer take up a lot of the driveway space. The Dodge Ram is angled in front of the RV and car/camper trailer. The Jeep Liberty is angled in front of the horse trailer and the PT gets the driveway by the house since it is now the everyday driver. The '39 Dodge and '62-1/2 Sprint project cars get to live in the garage. grin.gif

Whatever we get will take the space where the Liberty is and it will go out on the lawn. smile.gif

Is there a twelve-step program for this hobby? crazy.gif

I have a 1975 Chrysler Imperial La Baron 4dr hardtop, it is immaculate, both exterior and interior with 44,500 original miles. The car is exceptional and everything works, it has all the options except leather interior, it has a beautiful velour interior that has no wear. Price $7000 located in East Tn. This car is all original and should be in a museaum. 423-365-9994 or e-mail hrocker321@cs.com

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Rick001

Shop Rat,

I have a 1977 AMC Hornet; Woodie Station Wagon, only 55K original miles. Everything works and runs great. I am only asking $4995.oo. I do have a web site for you to look at pictures and a full description. I am not a dealer. I do buy and sell good cars to keep my hobby going. Go to www.memoriesdreams.com for the pictures under cars for sale.

RicksKlassics@aol.com or 732-890-0084. New Jersey

Rick