Low speed miss

Ronnie

I drove my Reatta yesterday and it started to have a miss, just above idle, when pulling out from a red light. It would only miss maybe three or four times and then run smoothly until I stopped again. The spark plugs are nearly new and the spark plug wires look good.

I looked at the ignition module and it has a gray, oily, sticky substance coming out around the bottom. That tells me it needs to be changed. Is the low speed miss the first symptom when the module goes bad?

Definite ICM going south...Doesn't sound as if your wires are new - I would replace everything in the circuit with the exception of the plugs if new. ICM, Coil, and the wires. Then you know what you have got, and won't have to worry for a goooood while.

Get lifetime Delco wires or any lifetime wires...will pay off.

Guest tedhop

This happened to me recently on my 1990 Reatta, thought it was bad gas from last year, two shops told me it needs a new fuel pump. They were correct, and the pump is in the gas tank, not like the older cars that have it on the engine, which would be a cheaper fix and one could do it within an hour. Progress, I don't think so

Ted in Indy