FALCON KNIGHT

Hello all, I am new to the forum and have a question about a car that I have an oppertunity to aquire, it is a 1928 Falcon Knight model 12, its rough but fairly complete, I have only found a little about it on the willys overland website but there are not very many picture of them, also this car appears to possible be a cabriolet, the problem is that supposedly none were built, I will try to post pictures later, the biggest problem is that it will need both doors, any pictures,info or leads on some doors will be greatly appreciated!!

Darren

If it was a coachbuilt body it will be possible to have new doors made. This will not be cheap. But they made them by hand in 1928 and they can make them by hand now.

I would be worried about the engine. If it is shot it would be a nightmare to rebuild it.

However, sleeve valve engines are notoriously reliable and long lived. If it will turn over chances are it will run or at least be rebuildable.

This is a rare car.It would make a worthwhile project but it would not be easy or cheap to restore. The price should reflect the conditition.

Thanks Rusty OToole!! the current owner says he wanted to turn it into yard art!! even though it is rough, I think Its a better fate to buy it and store it for later, it makes me sick to think of it sitting out in the elements and deteriorating past the point of repair!! even a hot rod would be better than letting it go to h@#!

There was a well-known collector here on Long Island named Les Cutting that had a Falcon Knight. He used to drive it to Hershey every year. I don't remember much about it, but Les drove the heck out of it. I'm sure the car is still around. Pretty scarce car.

• 2 years later...
Guest lefty_59

Darren,

Did you get the Falcon Knight. The Falcon Knight is the same body as one of the Whippets. Not sure which one with out going back through my notes.