HEY PHIL

no more

Hi Jeff,

It would appear that the Midland and the Bendix units are very similar, both called Hydrovac.

I got my Midland brake booster from BSC Parts Warehouse, 824B Memorial Drive SE, Atlanta, GA 30316 (800) 462-0062. http://www.brakespecialty.com/brake_boosters

Part number is: # HAL-C3400. The list price was $900, net $518.69 plus $21.95 for an installation kit. I think this is the same unit that is used on (at least) 1957 Thunderbirds. There are a variety of this kind of unit available. I did an internet search for “Hydro-Vac Brake Booster” and came up with several hits.

Years ago I installed a Bendix Hydro-Vac booster on my 1947 Continental. I think it was from a Cadillac, but that was in 1969. I probably got it from a junkyard at that time.

Look around – there’s gotta be a cheaper one available somewhere. My local friend got his booster from the same BSC people for his 1948 Continental. His is a different model: SC142C and is slightly larger, but was a bit cheaper.

post-32768-143137976276_thumb.jpg

Hi Jeff,

It would appear that the Midland and the Bendix units are very similar, both called Hydrovac.

I got my Midland brake booster from BSC Parts Warehouse, 824B Memorial Drive SE, Atlanta, GA 30316 (800) 462-0062. http://www.brakespecialty.com/brake_boosters

Part number is: # HAL-C3400. The list price was $900, net $518.69 plus $21.95 for an installation kit. I think this is the same unit that is used on (at least) 1957 Thunderbirds. There are a variety of this kind of unit available. I did an internet search for “Hydro-Vac Brake Booster” and came up with several hits.

Years ago I installed a Bendix Hydro-Vac booster on my 1947 Continental. I think it was from a Cadillac, but that was in 1969. I probably got it from a junkyard at that time.

Look around – there’s gotta be a cheaper one available somewhere. My local friend got his booster from the same BSC people for his 1948 Continental. His is a different model: SC142C and is slightly larger, but was a bit cheaper.

Guest ian418

Jeff; if you go to tbirdhq.com they have those Brake Boosters 3 Differant Ways ie: In a Complete Kit with hoses and Mounting Bracket For $480.00 , Just the Booster alone for $325.00 , Or Rebilt for $240.00 (with an Exchange .The only Added Part you Would Need is A check Valve For Yhe Vacuum Line so you Don't loose the Vacuum when You Shut the Engine Off .. I Think I Would Also add a Vacuum Tank so That You have A Reserve For When the vacuum is Low Or When the Engine is Shut Off .. Ch

Guest ian418

Jeff; if you go to tbirdhq.com they have those Brake Boosters 3 Differant Ways ie: In a Complete Kit with hoses and Mounting Bracket For $480.00 , Just the Booster alone for $325.00 , Or Rebilt for $240.00 (with an Exchange .The only Added Part you Would Need is A check Valve For Yhe Vacuum Line so you Don't loose the Vacuum when You Shut the Engine Off .. I Think I Would Also add a Vacuum Tank so That You have A Reserve For When the vacuum is Low Or When the Engine is Shut Off .. Ch