FIX MY LEAK!

Guest Sue Bell

Guest Sue Bell

Bought a 1989 TC yellow/beige at a used car lot, and I love it! We live in FL, so no issues with winter weather damage.

Sometimes (not always) when it rains, we get water on the floor. Can be one side or the other or both, depending on the wind when it's raining. Sometimes it stays dry. Seems to be coming in at the bottom of the doors, almost like it is running down the inside front of the door and flowing in from the bottom sides. Thank heavens for wet vacs! Any idea what to do about it?

Hi Sue, I have not had any reason to remove the door panels on any TC yet; but every other vehicle I have ever worked on had a Flexable Waterproof Shield (plastic sheet) between the metal door frame and the interior upholstery panel. It seems like they may be missing, also check the bottom door drains they may be clogged

Hey Lou, you won't believe this, but on both of the TC's I've parted... no plastic liner.

Sue, it could also be the door glass not sealing tightly at the top and water seeping in. Have someone sit in the car while you spray the windows and door edges to see where the water is coming from.