Dual Carb Manifolds

Guest MikeWilliamsUK

Guest imported_MikeWilliamsUK

From time to time there is discussion on here about muli-carb setups and other speed mods, so I'm sorry to bring it up again, but the situation changes all the time and I understand that Kearney Foundry no longer make manifolds for Zephyrs. Via a Ford discussion site I came across this chap:

http://www.austinrodshop.com/Lincoln_V12.html

At $550 for a dual manifold they seem too cheap, so is there a catch? Does anyone have experience of them please? It’s the “Lincoln V12 Single Plane 2 Carb Manifold” I’m looking at, which hopefully will fit two of the original 3-bolt Zeniths.

Dave Cole gave an excellent summary of speed parts in the LZOC magazine for January 2000 and these were not mentioned, so perhaps they are new?

Thanks

Mike

Wow thats cheap for those manifolds, I would go with the 3x2 set up as they are eaiser to set up and then your only running on the center 2bbl until you put your foot in it, I have a 2x2 intake on my 48 V12 and a 3x2 on my 440 6 pack challenger and linkage is easy to come by for the 3x2. you will like the big performance gain too. You can get carb spacer converters to go from 3 bolt to 4 bolt or flip them around from Speedway motors, there is plenty of room onder the hood of our Lincolns.

Mike, don't waste your time trying to get a manifold from Austin. I ordered one from him 2 years ago and never heard from him since. tried e-mail and the phone...nothing. When I talked to him initially he said it took about 3 months to get it from the foundary and he had to then farm some of the machine work out as his mill wasn't big enough to do the bottom surface in one set up. I offered him a down payment but he said that wasn't necessary, I big tease in all.

Guest imported_MikeWilliamsUK

Thanks chaps. As I suspected - "if something seems too good to be true it probably is".

Mike