Electrical Problem .... .....shows on the dash ...

Guest Hitzzz

Guest Hitzzz

Had this problem driving into wiork this morning ...the dashboard went dark Speedo showed 00, just right of the 00 the word ERROR came on and the orange idiot light came on showing Electrical Problem ... I got to work and turned off the engine ... tried to restart and it started OK ... but the dash still showed all the same errors ... has this happened to anybody else and thoughts on the probable cause...???

1990 Reatta ...

Any number of things from simple dirty contacts to needing a replacement instrument panel or central power supply.

You need to get a service manual or go to www.reatta.net and look at the diagnostics. Track down the problem.

Parts from a Riviera will work and they are easier to find.

One of three things. A bad connection at the dash, a bad key switch, or a bad dash unit.

First I would clean the key and spray some cleaner in the switch. If that did not fix it I would pull the dash unit and make sure all of the contacts on the back of the dash unit were tight and clean. If that fails either send in the unit for repair or buy a new rebuilt one.

Guest Hitzzz

I switched keys with the wife (little usage) and all seems to be "OK" now ... no - ERRORS - this morning while driving in to work ...I'll see how long this lasts, but sure seems that a diffrent key with very little usage was the fix ...

1990 Reatta

70k miles