1926 DB 4 door sedan for sale.

ericwolf

I am selling my 1926 98% original 4 door sedan, it has 25,000 miles on it, original paint, head liner, roof, leather seats, door panels ect. absolutly no rust holes and it is all there and running, everything works, the only thing that I know that is missing is the door lock.

The car has been rewired, new battery, starter chain and the rad has been redone.

I am asking $7,900 or best offer, I don't know if my picture will appear but if you want to see more pictures please email me at eric.wolf@nikolai.ca.

I am in British Columbia, Canada.

http:H:\PERSONAL\Dodge Brothers\Pictures of my Dodge\buy 013.jpg

Eric - Looks like the picture is not coming through, so it's hard to tell the condition of the car. I can tell you that I purchased my 1928 DB about 5 years ago for $3500 (plus $700 to ship it) and thought that I got a fair deal. The car, like yours, was all original and was driveable.

In my opinion I would think the price is on the high side, the sad fact is that DB sedans will never command the price of similar Model A's (even though the the DB's are better). I really don't have a good answer for what the value of you car would be, I guess like they say "it's only worth what someone is willing to pay".

Good luck - Jim

post-31250-143137975416_thumb.jpg

I dont think you are asking to much for the car if it is solid and complete and overall the condition of what should be expected from an old car. I think that you just have not found the right person yet, the way the economy is now nothing is selling, people are simply scared to spend or have already maxed out their credit cards. I bought my 29 DA about 5-6 years ago and give 4500 I think, I drove it about 2 miles before it quit on me but overall in decent shape and I thought I got a great deal and was happy to give it. I think that the value on these cars is immeasurable but if there ever comes a time to sell one than the price that you are asking is definately not to high. I think you are doing the right thing by advertsing it here so that hopefully it will fall into the right hands and that you should just be persistant. Hopefully you are not in a rush and hang onto it until you get someone that gives you your price....Jason

Eric I have to agree with Member 1930 this car is priceless to the right person. To find an unmolested car of this age that runs well is a good find. My advice is don't sell it unless you absolutely have to. Just a guess, but I believe the location is your biggest show stopper. The Canada thing just makes everything a mess and not many weekend "car crazy" folks can affort the hassle or time to get the thing across the boarder... just a thought!!!

Guest backyardmachinc

Here's a kind of a rule I have when trying to price somthing personal I would like to sale. I ask my self what I would be willing to pay for it if I were to buy it.Of coures one has to be honest to himself.I also take in conseration on what the cost to ship such item.Your asking $8500.00 for it I belive that I read that some one paid $700.00 to have one ship 5 years ago I bet the same shippment would cost $900.00 or more today.One is looking at $9400.00 and it's not across the border yet.

Just one mans thought