trunk metal can with a 1928 Reo

Guest mmuehlba

Guest mmuehlba

Hi All just wondering if there is a name for this trunk , it just opens from the middle , are these just after markets ?/ what are they called ?/ Mike

redonetrunk28.JPG

redonetrunk29.JPG

redonetrunk34.JPG

redonetrunk35.JPG

redonetrunk36.JPG

redonetrunk48.JPG

redonetrunk51.JPG

redonetrunk52.JPG

redonetrunk53.JPG

..redonetrunk54.JPG

reo-26trunk.JPG

1928REOFlyingCloud3.JPG..

Is there a name for this trunk and are they worth much ?? Mike

Guest mmuehlba

well thanks this will help might find out more now , do you think it was used on the Reo or some thing some one just threw in the back seat for the squirrels / mice to live in ?/ think there in a demand or ?? Mike /mmuehlba

Guest mmuehlba

well thanks for the info and it has two sets of three bolts on the bottom so I do not think it was on the Reo . and if it is not worth much and at the cost of shipping now a days I think it will get recycled as way to big to store . any ways at least I got the name . Thanks Mike

I sold one of these at the Portland swap meet a few years ago. The "veterans" in my car club advised me that these were used to convert all kinds of cars to light PU trucks most were used on Fords. They were advertised to be able to carry four milk cans.

I don't remember what it sold for, but I would guess a model A Ford guy may give up to a $100 for it depending on condition. The clam-shell design really provides a lot of storage space for progressive tours in a small car.

I sold one of these at the Portland swap meet a few years ago. The "veterans" in my car club advised me that these were used to convert all kinds of cars to light PU trucks most were used on Fords. They were advertised to be able to carry four milk cans.

I don't remember what it sold for, but I would guess a model A Ford guy may give up to a $100 for it depending on condition. The clam-shell design really provides a lot of storage space for progressive tours in a small car.