72 chevelle ss

Guest windjamer

Guest windjamer

Help me out. There is a 72 chevelle on e-bay advertised as true ss #s match. never repainted.It has a front bench seat,a/t on column,vinal roof,and plane jane dash. no gagues.The left frond door showes screws that hold the latch painted.( give me a brake).I just rec.a article about conterfitter documents on collector cars,and I have seen reproduced fill M out yourself window stickers.I have a relative looking hard at this car. I told him to be careful. I think its a clone and a pi--pore one at that. I know some of you know more about this than I esp some of you GM workers. Is this car possable??? Help.

That is a strange one, all right. Power steering & brakes.

No air. Bone stock Chevelle dash. Cover the "SS" on

the steering wheel, and you would swear that you were

sitting in a 6 cylinder, automatic, 4 door Chevelle!

That build sheet shown in one of the last photos

could be decoded to see just what options it came with

(without) from GM. If it is what it is, you could probably

say that it has not been "hotrodded" (had rough treatment).

Those hood pins are not "factory", are they?

-Bill

Guest windjamer

It may have been possable to order it with a bench seat,but theres just to many outher questions. Seller states car has original paint,GM painted the doors befor the latch was installed,so how come the screws are painted. Just dont make me feel warm and fozzy.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&viewitem=&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fsearch.ebay.com%3A80%2Fsearch%2Fsearch.dll%3Ffrom%3DR40%26_trksid%3Dm37%26satitle%3D140215714949%2B%26category0%3D%26fvi%3D1&item=140215714949

Without seeing it in person, I would say that's about as close to a real SS car as you will see on eBay. They have mounds of paperwork.

However, if you want a SS, are you o.k. with a column auto? That's about 20% discount right there.

Guest mmuehlba

since this is re-listed and with a make offer I think all the bids that brought it up to the price in the other auction were all fake bids ,it had a Current bid: US $23,698.00 . just as I see it , Mike