What model Peerless do you have?

Guest Series19

Guest Series19

It seems that the Peerless group is a smaller group so I am wondering what year and models most of you have. Running or not, what do you have?

Series19,

A very small group, but the AACA forum has several of these smaller groups, and we appreciate the opportunity to discuss all things Peerless. Jeff Brown and myself, we don't own a Peerless. In fact, Jeff has a well developed list of all known Peerless cars, and - he will correct - but it only numbers in the two hundreds.

Compare that to just about any other mainline make and Peerless is a small group indeed. So, Jeff and I have a strong interest in Peerless history more then anything and the fascination with locating these rare and fine cars.

I was able to view the Quam cars, a 1918 and a 1920, and have continually failed to post on this forum - photos of these cars. I will again try this week to post them for all to see.

Dear Series 19,

Thanks for asking about the Peerless Forum. I was having a little trouble thinking of a way to describe this Forum for you. In a limited sense, this is a place to discuss the Peerless Motor Car Club......but in reality, it is a public area for discussing Peerless cars and trucks. It is impossible to tell who the "readership" is, but most of them are probably general readers of the AACA Discussion Forums who are interested in old cars, and have finally made it past the other 84 areas to check out this one. Out of curiousity or because they ran across a reference to Peerless, which is actually a really important part of automotive history.

I can only guess, but probably only 5 to 10 members of the Peerless Club have ever used this Forum. The Peerless Forum has only been in existence for half a year, and not many people know about it ( general public OR club members ). I'm a newer member of the Peerless Club, but should point out that the PMCC communicates more by letter, phone and printed newsletter than by computer. We're not very computer-oriented, like the people over at the Buick Reatta Forum ( I've never even seen a Reatta, but nearly a 1/4 of all AACA Discussion Forum messages are about them ) There IS a club website at: www.peerlessmotorcar.com . Bryan Moran is working on a Peerless Registry with a more scientific approach { computers, photo records }.

One should look at this area as more of a campfire that we're all sitting around to talk about Peerless than the "be all" and "end all" of Peerless data. As time goes by, more people will hear about us and it will be more useful. More Peerless Club members will use the Forum, more cars will be discovered and there will be more stories to tell!

I heard today that someone who just bought a 1927

Peerless Sedan Limo (on UK ebay) found a source for an owner's manual after finding a picture of another '27 Peerless ( located in Belgium ) on the Forum here. Also, today, I wrote the AACA chapter in Norway to ask about two Peerless cars there and inform them about the Peerless Forum. Maybe we'll hear more from Norway.

In a perfect world, all 107,000 Peerlesses built ( a lot of cars and trucks, but remember that this is for 32 model years ) would still be running and we'd have a list of all 107,000 owners, with photos. The truth is they're rarer than that. There isn't a technology yet to locate all antique cars of a certain make (OK, the exception is Tucker)......so I can tell you that there appear to be a couple of hundred Peerless survivors in 14 countries.

All for now. -----Jeff

Guest Series19

Just off hand, do you know what size tire that is used on the 1929 Model 61 with wire wheels? Also, did they use the metal tube stems for the wire wheels or rubber? I would thing that they were metal, but were they straight or bent?

I looked at the material I have, and none show tire size or valve stem data for '29 Peerless 6-61's with wire wheels. If it's important, I can ask one person I know who has such a car {sending him a letter in a couple of days}.

• 15 years later...