burgundy tc on flat bed

rofly1

On this past Saturday I saw a tc on a flatbed on the pennsylvania turnpike by the irwin exit headed east. I wonder if it was Cliff's "mint" tc. Next time I am near I will stop and see if his is still in the parking lot behind the store. Did anyone here buy it? Thanks Roger

• 2 weeks later...
Guest David Simons

the TC you saw on the flat bed was mine. I had just bought it from a gentleman in Pittsburgh. It was on a flat bed behind a red Dodge dually.

Guest David Simons

I have 3 TC's . An 89' that was spotted on the Pa. turnpike,a 90' red with black interior and a 91 ,yellow with black int. I originally started out collecting Imperial's. Have a 56',64 LeBaron and a 82 Frank Sinatra edition.

I used to have 3 Imperials - 2 white 65's with 413's and a tan '66 wwith a 440.

The original one was bought for $500 had the blue metallic leather interior but unfortunately it was far from mint. Acquired a second 65 with a near mint black interior for $400. Acquired the 3rd, the tan 66 for $200 with a perfect black interior. It had a seized 440 motor (teenage guy kept driving it when it overheated). Took the 66 interior and swapped it into the 65 with the bad interior and parted that car out.

Wound up selling the two 65's to collectors when I realised I didn't have the time to keep a total of 5 older cars going. I would love to see pics of your LeBaron.

Guest David Simons

I'm not familiar enough with that area but Kensington does ring a bell with me. I hope you are not about to tell me I got a pig in a polk.

I am in Greensburg Pa about 20 minutes from Irwin where I spotted your car on the flatbed. Did Cliff provide you with a clear title? Stephanie also looked at that car. We offered about 300.00 There were a lot of issues. Good Luck

Roger

Guest David Simons

You were not looking at the same car you thought you were looking at. The guy I bought this car from was named Richard. And yes the title was clear.