Surgery Complete

Guest vicsik1969

Guest vicsik1969

As I noted earlier, my passenger seat was not working when I purchased my car. After using a battery to move the seat forward, I was able to remove the back nuts and pull the seat out of the car. After getting under the carpet, I found the power source that runs from the passenger floor sill under the passenger seat to the center console had corroded (it looked like it had been wet). Most of the wires had rotted free of the plastic quick connects so I had to splice the eight wires together, cover them with shrink wrap, and then put them in plastic conduit. Now not only does the passenger seat work, but the rear defogger, too. Pix below.

post-54335-143137971768_thumb.jpg

post-54335-143137971777_thumb.jpg

post-54335-143137971787_thumb.jpg

post-54335-143137971796_thumb.jpg

Guest Don_Croner

Good job, both finding and fixing the problem. What was the source of the water? It must have been there for a long time.

Guest vicsik1969

I'm new to ownership (NOV 07), but since this car had been parked in a Texas field since Katrina, to include the wettest Summer since 1998 (2007), I assume the water buildup was either from small leaks accumulating or one big incident in the car's past.