Door trim pads

I want to take the trim pad off the right side(Psgr) door. The window is very slow to move up or down. Sometimes it won't go up without help. If I need a motor, I will buy one from the people on E-bay.

Start by rolling the window down.<P>There are three screws. one in the door handle recess, and one behind each end of the door pull. With a small screwdriver carefully lift the ends of the door pull, they are tucked under the plastic trim.<BR>When you pull them out, a screw will be exposed.<P>Remove the black plastic around the door handle and that will expose another screw that holds the door lock asm.<P>Next remove (disconnect) the window and seat controls. the trim snaps off the base and that exposes a screw at the front. After the screw is removed, lift the front and slide forward and the back will unhook.<BR>unplug the connectors from the controls.<P>Next, start at the bottom outside of the door and pry out the door panel. If you have a good light, you can see each of the retaining "studs" that hold the panel to the door. I use a small pry bar and get as close to the stud as possible and pry it out of the door, then move to the next one.<P>When all the studs and screws are out, lift the door panel up.

Guest Brolliar

Charlie, if you need a new motor you can get one at your local parts store. I got one in August 2001 for $50 plus tax from Advance Auto Parts. <P>Your manual tells how to replace it. Do be careful (long sleeved shirt) when working with arms inside the door. There are a number of knife shart edges on the window parts.