1926 Dodge Brothers tourer

Guest imouttahere

Andrew, you can get more information on your DB than you ever wanted to know if you can get yourself a copy of the DB history by Chrysler historian Don Butler called "Good Enough Is Not Acceptable" that ran in several installments in Cars & Parts magazine from the Spring through the Fall, 1979. The writer tracks just about every single running change made to the DB from the beginning of production to the end of the 4-cylinder car.

If those old issues are no longer available, we might want to give some thought to obtaining permission from Cars and Parts mag to re-print the articles. It is pretty much the definitive statement, I think.

Your tourer looks really nice!

Gidday Andrew,

From the looks of things, you are in Victoria, Australia? The Budd Bodied tourers had suicide rear doors, so I would guess your tourer has a local Australian body, maybe even a Holden body. Have a good look around for a body builders plaque, maybe on the firewall or in the door openings. These motors where designed and built before lead was introduced to petrol, so running on unleaded is fine, they do not rev high enough to cause valve seat recession. Re tyres, Antique Tyres in VIC will have some tyres to suit, I just got some 20 inch Denmans, not cheap, but the last ones lasted 30 yrs.

Cheers

Marty in Sydney

Good day Marty, The car was exported from Australia in 2002 to the UK and I bought it in 2003. Just now getting some time to clear off the moth balls and I need to get it registered. In the UK they will not provide an age related plate unless I can prove its age so I'm trying to track down the original log book for it from VIC roads who have finally sent some forms. Where each of these cars unique? mine appears to be 1927 between Jan 9 Jan 14 but I need proof. How many Dodges of this period are left in the world as the DB site does not seem to list many? Vintage tyes in the UK Want £215 each another source is approx £145 each not so bad. What a car like this worth in Good condtion running with MOT. Can you get exhaust system? The usual running spares, I appreciate your responce.

Regards

Andrew

UK/England