Help! How do you energize an "old" club?

In our area ,the only game in town was AACA back in the 60s. It was a good organization and had a fairly large membership. We now have a BCA chapter,Chevy club, and numerous "cruising" groups. The AACA chapter has been taken over by a small group that runs it for themselves. They have even rejected applicants for membership because thay do not fit their criteria. It is a shame that this has happened ,but unless the National AACA steps in this region will always be a bummer. frown.gif" border="0frown.gif" border="0

Guest dspence

I'm 34, and a life member of the AACA. I have my grandfather's only brand new car, a 1933 Buick Model 57. I love the car, and I like learning through the AACA meets, and the 'old' guys, etc. My job takes me on travel regularly. Lately I have been spending quite a bit of time out of the country and have not had the chance to get registered for Hershey. I got 2nd junior last year, and have been working on the car in the few days I have at home to try to get it better for this year. I called the AACA today, only to find that I have missed the deadline to register. I am really upset and disappointed. This is not fun to me.

In reffering to "old" people please remember that old age is a state of mind not a function of years. One of the regions of which I am a member just completed a 9 day tour with 25 cars on it. Many of the tourists were in their 70s with a few in their 80s. Three were in wheelchairs and others have various infirmities. Their enthusiam is an inspiration to me and others. The other region of which I am a member sounds like what has been described above. Its difficult to get things done. I tried getting the younger members involved but with family obligations and such their time is somewhat limited. This is a small group with about 30 members.