Looking for early Dodge VIN web site.

Guest Brent_Konradi

Guest Brent_Konradi

Looking for a web site that I had once been on and can't find again. You were able to decode early (1930's)Dodge pickup VIN #'s and would give you the specs on the truck. Thanks for any info available Brent

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Brent,

Thank you for the web site.... Now that I know I'm using the wrong number for the Vin #, does anyone know what the tag on the fire wall is on my 37 Dodge PU The number in the Tag is K12LR26573, the number in the Data Plate (9250020)

crosses correctly to my Vehicle. Guess I will have to change my title to reflect the correct vin #.

Tim

• 3 weeks later...

I have what was to be a 1938 Dodge three ton truck with a flat head six with duly axles. the lug pattern is a 5 lug on a 8 inch pattern with a six and 3/4 inch center hole and 6x20 inch duly tires. when I ran the numbers through the decoder it specified the vehicle as a 1936 1/2 ton truck. When did dodge make a 1/2 ton truck with duly rear end I don't know, however if anyone could help me decipher the known numbers I found on the vehicle or let me know where I could find the frame numbers it would be of great help in identifying this vehicle

The numbers I located on the firewall appear to be as follows

serial number 8149991

production number / body number H-1-2-LR40188

• 1 month later...
Guest dvmeter

Gary,

The frame numbers on my 37 Plymouth pickup are just in front of the rear wheel arch on the drivers side. I could see them until the frame was sand blasted. Hope this helps I know that the 37 plymouth was built on the dodge chassis. Could be the same for the 38

Guest dvmeter

And I am also looking for one of those oval firewall tags, that have a K-1-2 LR##### if anyone has one laying around or on a unsavageble cab.

Thanks,

David