1928 72 Roadster Red head

• 2 weeks later...

Pacer, The wheelbase of the series "72" is 120.5". The roadster came in two different bodies, one produced early in the series and the other in later production. Both had different doors. I believe the reason for the difference was that after the initial order of bodies were used up,a second order was made, maybe from a different supplier, thus the other design. Chrysler ordered bodies from outside suppliers at this time. I know they made large orders from Fisher at this juncture and I suspect LeBaron also supplied production bodies.

Pacer...The "red head" designation refered to the engine option. My Royal Sedan has the red head option (see pic in current restoration forum). I believe all the roadsters, top and bottom, were equiped with the red head. The other engine option was the silver dome.The red head was a 6 to 1 compression special head. By the way, the "72" was equiped with a Pemberthy Ball & Ball SV37 carburetor. This was a dual throated unit set up to were the second throat would kick in at higher speeds. Unfortunately, these carbs were die cast zinc and have not survived. What kind of carb does your car have?