Teves is history

Guest steakneggs

Guest steakneggs

I'm the one with the clogged Teves reservoir. I cleaned it and got a decent flow but still no assist. Red light on and pump running constantly. I unhooked the pressure hose and attempted to fill a container with key on. Nothing. Looking for 88-90 Riviera master cylinder and booster for conversion. Teves is archilles heel of these vehicles! A simple brake line rupture would not be a big deal on any other car I've ever owned. Steak

I agree, and if someone can do the conversion and share it with all of us that would be GREAT.

I have a <span style="font-style: italic"><span style="font-weight: bold">"Hard brake pedal"</span></span> on my 90 but only when its cold out and until the engine compartment warms up. ICE in the valve body??? not sure and I even had lots of input from this site but no one can tell me whats wrong, even after I flushed the system and tried just about every thing else it is still hard.

Question.....If the teves is such a "Great system" why is there so many problem with it??? There is a reason GM changed this in the 91 Reatta's.

Guest steveskyhawk

This may sound like a stupid question but has anybody thought of removing the Teves system and replacing it with 91 style vacuum assist booster/mastercylinder? Same body and a caliper is a caliper, right? This harware must be readily available.

Guest jcc3inc

Gentlemen:

Looking over some of the data I've copied from earlier Reattas for sale, I came across this '90 where the owner had made quite a few modifications, Regarding replacement of the Teves he says,"I replaced the Teves master cylinder with the Buick Riviera vacuum assist power brakes - - ".He says that the conversion was easy, and the ABS no longer works.

Regards,

Jack C.