Need some help from overseas!

Riviera4life

Hi guys,

Let me introduce myself in short.

My name is Eelco, I live in The Netherlands, Europe and I own a black Buick Riviera 1970. I'm currently restoring her (new paint, new vinyl roof etc.) and I'm looking for a grill emblem in good condition, that is, intact.

Also, I want to aks somebody to do a VIN check on carfax for me. I can pay you with Paypal for the costs. The car was imported from California in 2000.

I really would like to know more about the car, other then that it was build in Flint, Michigan.

Is there also some way to check whom sold it at which dealership?

Thank you al in advance!

Eelco

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Eelco,

Good luck on the parts; however don't waste time running a CARFAX report. That is because CARFAX only works on cars sold in the U.S. since 1981 when all cars went to a 17-digit VIN.

The VIN on your car is not nearly that long, and CARFAX will tell you there is no data available on pre-1981 cars.

However, you might want to contact the people at the Sloan Museum. They have very extensive Buick records dealing with when the car was made, what options it had and other information like that.

As for finding out when it was registered in California, the state Department of Motor Vehicles may have a way to request a title search on the car.

Good luck!

Joe