64 Rivi Carpet ~ Help Needed

DirtyDan

Working on my first Riviera. It is a 64, and it has a silver interior. It appears to have been recovered and recarpeted at sometime. I would like to keep the silver color since the seats are still nice. I'm not sure if this is a factory color... I have not seen any other ones w/ this color. I need to replace the carpet because the current carpet is very faded and ratty... so bad that I cant really tell what color it is supposed to be. So my question is, is this a factory color and if so, where can a buy carpet to match the silver interior that is currently in my car. Here's a couple of pics.

1964BuickRiviera007.jpg

1964BuickRiviera002.jpg

Dirty Dan (for lack of a better name)

Check the Fisher Body Trim tag on the firewall behind and above the brake booster. If you see a trim code of 602, your car would have come with the silver vinyl from the factory.

The carpet on the floor doesn't look like the OEM 80/20 loop. BUT, the carpet on the door panels looks authentic. One of my favorite color combinations from 1963 was Spruce Green exterior and silver leather seats and carpet.

Dave Gee has given you some good advice by recommending Clark's Corvair for your Riv's interior needs. On their home page look in the upper right hand corner to find a link to Riviera interiors.

Ed