Side View Mirrors

Guest 1926pack

Guest 1926pack

Anyone know of someone making Packard Approved Accessories type side view mirrors for 1920's Packards (specifically 1926, although the specific year is not important)? Those are the ones which attach to the door hinges, not the other type which wrap around the door and usually make a mess of the paint. Figure I might need them-the other day I went to change lanes and I almost squished a MINI.

I suggest you contact Jay Fischer. Sorry I don't have his contact info handy but he's a long-time Hershey vendor and should be listed in the AACA directory. He's been making rear view mirrors for decades for vintage Packards and other Classics. I looked at his hinge-mount mirror for my 34 Packard a while back and it appeared to be a dead match for the one shown in the accessory catalog.

Guest 1926pack

Thanks for the info. And 34Pack, I think I might pass on the curb feeler idea. Very tempting, though. You shoulda seen the poor guy driving the Mini! His eyes were the size of saucers when he saw that big old chunk of Detroit iron headed his way. Good thing I saw him.