AC help, please

My mechanics say the compressor isn't getting any power to it.<P>Touchscreen controls and blower working normally.<P>Never got any "low refrigerant" warning, so it doesn't automatically force it into ECON.<P>So I can put it on MAX COOL, with HIGH FAN. But it blows hot, and the compressor doesn't cycle on and off.<P>While I'm reading through the manual, can anyone shine some light on this?<P>Many thanks, bjh<p>[ 05-09-2002: Message edited by: BarryJHayes ]

Well, if you are not getting any error messages, the BCM "thinks" it is on and that should eliminate the pressure switches.<P>This indicates an open circuit on either the power side (is there a relay there ?) or the ground.<P>Keeping in mind that the clutch pulls about 10a, if it were my car I'd probably remove the connector and measure the clutch resistance (anyone know what the value should be ? Not at home as usual).<P>If that come out good, with the engine off I might try jumpering the clutch directly to 12v and ground. Should be a click.<P>Next step is to connect a voltmeter to the hot side of the clutch and chassis ground (not the ground side of the compressor) and reconnect the cable. <P>Start engine and turn a/c on. If VOM reads 12v you have a bad gound. If zero the fault is on the power feed side. Then you need the schematic.