1932 wiring loom

Earl B.

On the wiring loom, is there a washer on top and on bottom of it? I have to have one on bottom, since there is a small indent for the washer to go, and from looking at the pictures in the service manual, it looks like there is one on top of the loom also. Many thanks, B

Guest imported_Speedster

Man, What you Talkin' 'bout ???

If you're talking about the mounting tabs, of the steel tube loom, that holds sparkplug wires in place, on the head, I think a standard thick washer goes between head and tab and the nut on top of tab without a washer between them, but I'm not sure. I've seen it done several different ways.

If you also put a washer on top of the tab, then there won't be very many threads holding the nut on, unless it's a very thin washer used both places. And I've heard that thin washers should not be used, since they give inconsistant torque pressure.

Speedy, you did good, you figured out exactly what I was asking... just been a long day,,,it made total sense to me. hahahaha. I noticed how few threads there would be if I used two thick washers, that's when I decided to post the question... thanks, B

Part book specifically calls out 2 plain 7/16 washers for each of the wiring loom mounting stud. It makes a distinction between those washers used on the other 25 studs. I would assemble one washer on the head and then one on the nut side with the mounting tab in between.