1929 Graham Paige 612

Guest aussie610

Guest aussie610

1929 Graham Paige 612. Was purchased in 1975, but full restoration started in 2000...

We now have the body back on the chassis, but it still needs painting, and we need to build the seat frames (Modifing the fronts to be the optional sliding seats). We do have a reason for the delay, there are three of us restoring it and between us we have had, 2 children, 3 stokes, 3 herniated disks, 2 spinal surgery's, 1 new knee, 1 carpel tunnel operation and all of us have been diagnosed with depression.. I starting to think the last is related to the rest somehow smile.gif

1928 indian super scout was started in about 198? with the purchase of a carbi, all it needs is electrics and a tank. Has been like that since about 1995... This is dads and he can no longer walk properly let alone ride, and I dont ride, so we are still thinking about a use for this one

Yeah cars are still being restored, just not so many of them

• 1 month later...
Guest aussie610

Jefferson,

Sorry didnt see your reply, cant help on placement of the sliding tracks. We didn't get the two door over here, and any sliding seats we have, we made from scratch, using slots in the timber frame, coach bolts and wingnuts. You could try www.graham-paige.com The guys there will know, Jack Sill runs the site he is most helpful (I think he also owns a 615)

• 3 months later...
Guest aussie610

/we have movement. we have paint on the body smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

Well undercoat anyhow. will post pics when I have finally uplaoded from the camera

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 10 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Gary,

Pretty straight forward, I covered my center section with a 1/8 thick wool blanket, lightly stretched and nailed in place, repaired and painted the wood till smooth.

image.png.13db53105f20a16e03a0430f89e25b33.png

Then on a extremely hot day stretched and nailed on the vinyl (I used the leather grain) top material.  ( I used nylon straps to pull the material flat, cut small holes in the extra and strapped to the bottom of the car) 

image.png.bfd7ad097e09c4a7c4b7498a5b5853c0.png

Finally added the rain gutters and front and rear aluminum welting and dyed the vinyl top material black (I had to buy the brown material, it was all they had wide enough for my Graham-Paige) I did run a thin line of silicone calk (clear) to make sure no water gets underneath the rain gutters.

image.png.e1483ea9f11db3b700a4c4138827c5a3.png

15 years later it still looks great, wonderful car to drive.  1929 827, that is original blue paint, fenders were resprayed in the 50's

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Graham Man said:

Gary,

Pretty straight forward, I covered my center section with a 1/8 thick wool blanket, lightly stretched and nailed in place, repaired and painted the wood till smooth.

image.png.13db53105f20a16e03a0430f89e25b33.png

Then on a extremely hot day stretched and nailed on the vinyl (I used the leather grain) top material.  ( I used nylon straps to pull the material flat, cut small holes in the extra and strapped to the bottom of the car) 

image.png.bfd7ad097e09c4a7c4b7498a5b5853c0.png

Finally added the rain gutters and front and rear aluminum welting and dyed the vinyl top material black (I had to buy the brown material, it was all they had wide enough for my Graham-Paige) I did run a thin line of silicone calk (clear) to make sure no water gets underneath the rain gutters.

image.png.e1483ea9f11db3b700a4c4138827c5a3.png

15 years later it still looks great, wonderful car to drive.  1929 827, that is original blue paint, fenders were resprayed in the 50's

Just happened to come to this section of the forum. Thought you might like this photo for your collection. Taken in NZ in 1929.

Apparently owned by Wright Stephenson, an old established NZ business - Wright Stephenson - Wikipedia

29 1928 Graham Paige car used by Wright Stepehenson & Co 1929.jpg

The wool insert is just padding so you do not see the slats under the vinyl (Model A uses cotton), I think it keeps the car cooler in the summer, and warmer in the fall.  The car should have rain gutters and aluminum trim front and rear?  The wood can be smoothed with anything, I used wood filler to fill in minor imperfections.  You should be able to get any supply's you need from a Ford Model A supply house.

• 4 weeks later...