1932 - 902 Club Sedan

Guest box

I am missing the pipe fitting to the bottom of my bijur lubricator (outlet for oil). It appears to be a straight pipe fitting?? Is there anything special about this fitting? I also noticed there is an 1/8" diameter hole drilled on an angle into this threaded area. What is this hole for? Need help........Kurt

Guest imported_Speedster

I checked the Oiler on my '29 and the fitting, that is on the tubing, screws directly into the bottom of the oiler housing. There no fitting between them. The fitting is the same type used at all the oil-line connections. I assume the '32s is similar?

Here's a pic of one with a small piece of tubing still in the fitting:

post-33516-143137958627_thumb.jpg

Guest imported_Speedster

That is a lot different!

So, it Does have a special brass fitting there. You will need to determine the thread sizes of both and see if there is an available adapter. If not, it many need to be hand made.

Ken, Does the protrusion on the top end of the adapter have any purpose?

I lightened the pic so we could see it better:

post-33516-143137958634_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Owen_Dyneto</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The fitting has a restriction in it, but no check valve. </div></div>

I'm trying to redo this lfirst line but I have an issue. Do you know where to get one of those fittings. I'm have difficulty loosening the male connector from the special fitting as it has no surface which to put a wrench on.