29 sedan

todge

com'mon guys is there no one how can help me find a chrome rad shroud,or stainlescowl trim, surely someone knows someone ! why is it if I wanted ford parts I could buy them anywhere or even new ones but dodge parts , please help this is the last few pieces I'm searching for.

If you aren't particular about the exact year, and can use one from a Touring, there was one recently (within the last week or two) on e-bay. I searched under 24-26 "Dodge Bros", and a guy in Wisconsin had the front half of a Touring body plus the radiator shell. I don't think he knows exactly what year it is, and he is willing to sell just a single part. I don't know if it was originally nickel plated or painted.

Also, I have what I think is an extra 1927 (Touring) radiator shell, again not sure of the exact year, and it is rusted enough that you probably would only paint it and not plate it. I don't need it and might sell it - let me know.

Those rad. shells are hard to come by, unfortuantely all you can do is keep your eyes on e-bay, as I am sure you know the ford parts are easy to come by because there are still hundreds of thousands of them in existance still. I recently sold a rad. shell myself on e-bay, went to Australia and believe me it did not go there cheap. 27 is defiantely not the same as the 29s. There is one particular part that I myself have been searching for to complete my 30 Da and I have been looking every single day on e-bay for the last 4 years but still never seen it, cant say what it is unfortuantely as then I will have everybody out there bidding against me just to resell it to me but believe me when I say persistance pays off and you will fing these parts, unfortuantely you may end up doing what I will most likely do and have to buy an entire parts car just for one or two parts and then resell whats left. If there is anything I can do to help let me know

I Love my 24 DB, anyone with a couple bucks can get a Ford, but me me th search for part and the uniqueness of having the DB is part of the hobby, I take mine out almost everyday and I feel as if I am in my own parade. With the waves from the kids, nods from the older people, I get more attention than if I was driving a new Vet. It might not be appropriate to have bulb horns on a "24 but I put one on each side and they are a hit with everyone.

I have a "36 Mercedes 200 cabriolet B. that will take years just to find parts. and years to rebuild be it will be a real unique. and the only one at any local show or cruise night. And I even dress appropriately when driving. Straw boater and 2 tone shoes. Now if I can find an proper jacket. I will be a happy cruiser. Christmas parade is coming up. don't even want to be in judging, just waving, and get smiles from the little ones and give the old guys and gals some memories of their days past. Have fun and drive whenever possible. They don't need all be show perfect, just out there.

thanks mike for the note on your DB I have been working on my 29 for six years I have the rad shell but the bottom is rusted away I may have to try and have it rebuilt if I don't find a good one.I have been restoring cars since I was 14 and working with cars since I could walk.This DA has been a real challenge but hope to be on the road in a few more years. Todd F

• 2 weeks later...
Guest maynard

One must be very careful when looking for Dodge shells. I have 2 28 victorys,the early has a shorter shell than the late. Good luck finding one for your car.