Frtot strut bearing

Guest crtnrds

Guest crtnrds

Does anyone know the difference between the '88-'89 front strut mount(bearing) & the '90-'91 mount? This is not a trivia question. I need a set for one of my '89s & found they are listed as different. The former being twice the price of the latter. (more than the strut itself).

If I knew I would have shared the information :-)

So just purchase the low cost parts. I have used them and they worked perfectly, good luck.

• 1 year later...

OK I have done alot of investigating and hope it helps down the road.

The reason I wanted to use the newer front strut mount is that they are much more common and ussally stocked at a auto part hub store. The 90-91 strut mount was used from 1987 to at least 1997 on the Eldorado. The newer strut mount is a little beefier and offers a bit more rubber than the older one.

They are not a direct fit on the 88-89 model, but knowing a couple things you can use them on a 89. You may be able to use them on the 88 if you switch to the newer strut, but I do not know if you would have to replace anything else.

To use the newer strut mount on the 1989 Reatta all you have to do is get a spring cover from a 1987-91 Eldorado, 90-91 Reatta, or a 90-91 Riv and install as normal.

Hope it helps some one eventually.