New '88 Riv T-Type owner, taillights inop, need switchpod?

manikmekanik

Howdy, Y'all!!

I just slid over from the Reatta discussion forum, as a new Riviera owner!

I just purchased a 1988 Silver Anniversary Riviera T-Type at auction last weekend. No-one else wanted to bid ,cause the touche screen showed the "Engine electrical problem" screen, and the ODO was reading over 200 kilometers.

So, I did the "vulcan mind-meld" thing with the ECC, and found it had current and history codes 23 & 34, and needed a MAT & MAF sensors. Being a multi-Reatta owner, I knew I had the parts "on the shelf", so I bid to win, and drove her home by Noon the same day.

After a day of "tender lovin' care" in my shop, she came out running like the wind, with replaced MAT, MAF, Air cleaner box, Vacuum manifold, oil & filter, and a Tevessystem flush. Tossed in a can of "Sea Foam" for insurance, and headed out for an engine compartment bath.

She's a real looker, with maroon/silver exterior, and dual 16-way suede-bolstered seating, in great condition. She drives just like a bigger Reatta with a back seat, to boot! Everything, even the load-levelling system works!

My bride, Panikmekanik, said the tail lamps were inop, but the brake, turn signals work fine.

Question #1 - Is the dash lighting switchpod the usual culprit, in this case? Or, is there a lighting relay which needs attention?

My Reattae do not have the same switchpod, as they do not have a twilight sentinnel. Does anyone here have a switchpod available?

...or do I have to put her to bed after dusk?

• 3 weeks later...

NEVERMIND!

I went to a local boneyard the following saturday, and got both switches, horn button, CRT and a few other select parts for $40, from the last Riv of the period in the area, on it's way to the crusher.

Installed the switch pods and all is well. I'll clean-up the inop pods and set 'em aside for later, or sell 'em to another member in need. They fit well with my plethora of interchangeable Reatta parts.

See y'all on the Reatta forum!