just4dylan

Guest FILBERT

Okay, I'm a new member too, so maybe I'm not qualified to speak, but I bought mine a month ago for $2100. That's $3600 less than the one you're looking at which would pay for a lot of repairs on mine! And I'd consider mine in excellent shape, or at least VERY good! Either way I doubt you'd be disappointed. I love my new/old car...

Hi just,

Fairly new to the TC myself. Picked one up this summer for what I thought was a great price.. and for me that's all that matters. I'm sure some have gotten better deals but I look at it this way, If I am satisfied with the deal, then it was a good one. smile.gif

Reliable ? mine has 169000 and performs better than some cars I have driven with half that many miles.

Expensive to maintain? Can't speak on the maintinance yet but finding replacement parts is not so easy,as expected with a 17 yr old 1 of 7300 produced cars.

Best way to tell if you are happy with your new/old car... how many times do you try to find excuses to go for a drive in it?? wink.gif

Welcome to the group.

Brian

Guest jerryjbennett

These cars are terrific. I inheritted mine last year.

It now has a new head (valves cam etc) suspension shocks

and speedometer, radiator and water pump. Just little

things like an antennae and maybe an recovered armrest.

They are easy to wrench on if you are so inclined, ELSE

stay in touch with TC club, especially the Phoenix crowd

that can get you any part in the world.

The best investment I made was a complete copy of all back

published Newsletters. Lots of info, email addresses and so on.

Welcome aboard.

Jerryjbennett (San Fran)

Dylan, Google NADA used car prices give it all the info on the car. It will give you average prices accross the country, Then Kelly Blue Book used car prices . Do the same, These prices are probably lower, Check them carefully and average between the two. Now you have an honest value.. Good Luck, They are nice cars, a bit better than what comes off the American assembly line... Lou

Dylan, the one thing to keep in mind with these cars is the ODOMETER is notorious for breaking, especially above 60,000, so accurate mileage on any of these cars is always questionable. From what I've picked up on these cars, this problem probably affects 65-70% of the cars out there. Both my cars have broken odo's.

If you take it for a test drive, take note of the mileage...see if it changes. wink.gif