oil filter bracket for 425

Guest connl

I am in the final stages of rebuilding my 425 for my 1965 Dynamic 88. I would like to replace the oil filter bracket but cannot find a new one anywhere. Does anyone know where I can purchase or if there is another style to utilize?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: connl</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am in the final stages of rebuilding my 425 for my 1965 Dynamic 88. I would like to replace the oil filter bracket but cannot find a new one anywhere. Does anyone know where I can purchase or if there is another style to utilize? </div></div>

If you're talking about the die cast oil filter adapter that bolts to the side of the block, it's the same on all 64-90 Olds V8 motors except the 64 394 and the Toronados. Toro oil filter adapters are angled differently and won't work on a RWD application.

Yes, it is the diecast model I am looking for. I cannot find a new replacement for this part. Maybe I am overlooking something? Part number or parts store to purchase from would be helpful. Thanks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: connl</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes, it is the diecast model I am looking for. I cannot find a new replacement for this part. Maybe I am overlooking something? Part number or parts store to purchase from would be helpful. Thanks. </div></div>

This is not a normal wear item that you'll find at a parts store. The last Olds V8 that used this part was made in 1990. If you're lucky, you MAY find a new one on a shelf at a dealership. Ask for an oil filter adapter for an Olds 307 (VIN Y) in a 1990 Custom Cruiser. Any GM parts counter should be able to look this up, but don't hold your breath.

Are you adverse to used parts? There are millions of these in wrecking yards.

Great info everyone. Thanks for the help! I just found the part on vintageparts.org.

I really appreciate all the great help I have received on this forum. I am a beginner at restoration and this site and participants have been a phenominal resource! Larry.