Found a 48 2 door super coustum 8

imported_v12lincoln

I found a very restorable complete 48 super custom 8 and would like to know of a value? its a straight rust free car complete except for a few trunk trim pieces, has the 356 engine thats complete and turns over, 3 speed with OD, all guages in nice shape. power steering and brakes and windows. even the chrome is useable as a daily driver, will need to be completely gone through as its been sitting for 30 years that I know of.

Look at both http://www.vmrintl.com/ and www.nada.com for the variations. Nada always shows higher. Remember to look at the definitions of "conditions". It should probably be between a #4 and a #5 in the VMR definitions. Even the NADA guide would place it below "low retail."

You'd do well to offer $2,000 for it and go up to a max of $3,500. Remember you always have a huge advantage over a seller of a non-running car. "Hey I may have to spend thousands alone rebuilding the frozen engine!" What can they say besdies the usual "it was running when it was parked." eusa_doh.gif