RADIO REPAIRS

I need some help. I went back a month or so because I thought (thats trouble) I saw a post claming GM would repair a radio from our cars if we removed it and took it in to the dealer. I spoke to my friendly local Buick dealer and the parts guy isn't sure. The radio I need fixed is from my 86 Riviera. Which I am told is the same as the radio in the 88-89 Reatta. I know it's located in the same place (center console behind the shifter), but does anyone know if Buick will repair these, and if so is there a code or something to inform my local guy. Last but not least, if they can be repaired does anyone have an idea of the cost???? Or should I just search for a replacement. BILL

Don't know; probably took the shaft...but local Delco repair center is going through the am/fm/cassette from the '90 Black Beauty. Cost is $200. Know that's probably high, but the cassette belt wasn't the cause. Diagnostics showed the holding tabs were broken off both sides in the cassette opening. Ergo, radio thought a cassette was inserted and kept kicking back to cassette play. Easier to pay the $200 and know everything has been overhauled, since the car is being sold. <P>Jerry confused.gif" border="0