1964 88 on ebay

Pat

Just wondering on this white Dynamic 88 conv on ebay this weekend. Supposedly 29000 original without restoration. I've had 3 88s and all had a two tone vinyl interior. Red and blue were not solid color like this one. Also, I would think power windows were possible but have NEVER seen them on a Dynamic in any junkyard or even at a Nationals. Does this car seem possible? Just asking.

I don't know how to link but if you go to ebay motors and type 1964 Oldsmobile, I get cars and parts and it should be within a couple pages. The ad has a link but does not have real closeups. I can see 4 window switches on the driver door panel but again, I've only seen Starfire console and 98 recessed door buttons.

He's talking about this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1964-OLDS...1QQcmdZViewItem

Looks kosher to me. In addition to the power windows, it's also got a/c. Somebody must have wanted a little more than a base 88, but couldn't afford (or didn't want to spend the money for) a Starfire or 98. The rear antenna is not power, that's where they put the standard antennas when they came with a/c, althought this one has been replaced with a hokie spring antenna. Also has the upgraded wheelcovers. I don't have my upholstery book in front of me, but I'm pretty sure these interiors were all red, not red/maroon.

I don't think the top boot is original. I thought the boot color should match the interior.

I was talking to a guy at Nationals who bought a '64 D88 convertible used in 1969. It was fully equipped - even had the rare power door locks. You could put just about anything you wanted on a D88, 'cept for the Starfire engine, I think.

Paul

OK, now I've got my upholstery book in front of me. The Dynamic 88 convertible came with six interior choices:

Saddle - single tone

Black

Jade (dark) Green - single tone

Blue - two tone

Holiday (bright) Red - single tone

Parchment White - single tone

It says right in there that the convertible boot should be Holiday Red as well.

Holiday Coupes & Sedans used the same interior. Morocceen and Pattern Cloth were available in Platinum, Fern Green, Blue, Aqua and Saddle. All Morocceen was an option and available in Jade Green, Blue (two tone), Regal Red (two tone) and Parchment White. Both shades used with Regal Red were darker than Holiday Red and had a metallic cast to them.

I also double checked my earlier statement - the Starfire engine was an option is any 98 or Super 88, but was not available in Dynamic 88s.

Paul