Hello and First Question on Correct Air Cleaner Color for 64

alex bonino

Hello all. Just thought I'd take a moment to introduce myself. My name is Alex Bonino, now out of Denver,Co and formerly over 20 years in the Bay Area, CA.

I am currently mid way through a complete restoration of a 1961 Chevy Impala 2dr bubble top - so naturally, I just acquired a 1964 Teal Mist Riviera. (I was on my way to a doctors appointment, got lost, and drove by this small car lot...anyway you get the idea crazy.gif)

I have applied to join the ROA, and ran across this forum.

I did a forum search, but could not find info on the correct air cleaner color for the 64 standard 425 ci engine. I need to either repair or replace the dented black air cleaner currently there. Does the replacement air cleaner get a coat of gloss chasiss black? Or red? Paint code if red?

thanks in advance, and I look forward to participating on this group.

alex

PS: I tried to load a pic, but it seems you have to be a software coder to do so..... smile.gif

Black is the correct color for 1964. Wrinkle red was correct for 1963. The decal you'll want for your air cleaner can be purchased from some of the vendors on the ROA website www.rivowners.org. The correct decal for a 1964 will be one that reads Wildcat 465 (465 lb. ft. of torque at 2800 rpm.) It is red with silver and black lettering.

While you're on the ROA website, you can complete the ROA application and look at the link for getting on the ROA Tech discussion group; the guys on this site are the ones who've been doing this stuff for a long time. Good luck and keep us informed.

• 6 years later...