2 down and a bunch more to go..

Ok..so now I have been indoctrinated into the TC school of GRRRR. Took 2 hours to get my console out shocked.gif . Kudos to those of you who have accomplished this feat. To those of you who did it without bloodshed...your're my hero. To those who did it in under an hour..without bloodshed...(or cursing...)you're gods!! wink.gif

I read in an older post that it was a tight fit getting the plugs off the back of the seat controls. It didn't mention however, that you need six years of contortionist training with the circus and another 2 years of dexterity tutoring with a card shark..oh..and you need hands the size of a ten year-old. shocked.gif So anyway...got the console out and dimantled and all cleaned up. Made wire harnesss to lengthen the controls ..so that's one job done, now onto the rear passenger window..(won't go up or down but the motor is running with no clicking sounds..which would indicate stripped gears..so I am thinking it 'jumped' the track..)

I am trying to get the tonneau corner piece off so I can get a better look at the window mechanism at the top of travel. I got the two screws that are at the back of the piece but I can see one way at the front that I can't get to. Looks to me like you have to get the interior cockpit trim off (the 's' shaped piece with the pocket on it). Theres the problem. I took off the center piece (with the speaker openings on it) and can get the one end of the trim piece off. But where it adjoins the door molding I can't figure out how it's attached. Does the chrome door jam have to come off to access screws? If so, how do you get the door post off. When I try to loosen the door post (what the door latch actually latches on to) the whole thing turns.Any ideas???

Also are the manuals at books4cars.com (owners manual and service manual) the same as the factory 'new car' manuals?? Would a service manual answer the previous kind of questions?? Why don't they make a car freshener in "Old Car" smell?You could use it for new cars.. smile.gif Am I driving anyone crazy yet?? (if not , I can kick it up a notch or two... wink.gif )

LOL

TIA

B

Guest mtworkshop

Chrome trim AT BACK SIDE OF DOOR MUST BE REMOVED. remove trim on bottom edge of door opening. mark location of door latch post. unscrew the whole latch post. Remove all screws in stainless trim. Remove trim. Good luck.

Thanks MT. Kinda looked like that was the direction to go but I hate tearing things apart only to find out I took apart more than needed.

Door latch was a bugger to get off. The square backer plate was rotating 360 deg inside the brackets that are supposed to prevent that. frown.gif After fabricating a wedge tool and a little penetrating fluid the latch came out no problem...only to have the backer plate promptly fall out of the brackets into the bottom of the body cavity... shocked.gif

Long story short, got the window semi-working, it sticks and skips but with a little help works fine..(will have to replace motor sometime in the future, when i feel like tearing apart half the interior).

On to the next project - radio antennae. Does anyone now what other makes/models have an antennae the is interchangeable with a 90 TC?

Thanks

B

Guest mtworkshop

Surprise, you can still get an antenna from MoPar. I have a hunch the radio problems common to TCs is the antenna cable. That is a bigger kettle of fish.