Paint codes for 37 President

• 6 months later...
Guest Don Aust

Jerry,

Just saw this note. If you still need Glacier Park Grey Metallic, I have some paint my dealer found for me 20 years ago which was a near perfect match. If you need it let me know and I will find the can and send you the info.

Interesting story: several years ago, at a car show, my 37 Drs. Coupe was looked at by a "paint expert" who stated, absolutely, "too bad you didn't paint this original, since there were no metallic paints in l937." Then I showed him the Dupont paint chip booklet, with Glacier Park Grey Metallic right on it. He wandered off, talking to himself, "I didn't think there were metallic paints then." Good laugh.

Guest Don Aust

Jerry,

Any ideas on a gas tank for my CE. It is and has been missing, and I can always rob one off of a 37 Sedan about 50 miles from here- the guy has 4 really ruined cars out in a field. I would rather find a nice one, and don't know if the Dictator fits the Coupe Express- (I guess it does), and what about the President? Thanks for any help. I've written a couple of times to Joliet Studebaker but no answer. I was told he might be able to help me with side mount attachment pieces that are also missing. I guess I could try there.

Thanks , Don Aust

Guest Don Aust

Sorry, another thought came to mind. At a Studebaker meet in Las Vegas a few years ago, my wife and I took the Coupe, and took a President radio in great condition. I asked about any Dictator radios, and one of the participants said he had a very nice one, and would swap. I gave him mine then and there. Never saw the replacement. Dang.

• 1 month later...

Don

This is Bob Kapteyn from Joliet Studebaker.

I am old and slow so please have patience.

We did talk on the phone and I told you that all I had at that

time was the tire clamp,which has been sold since.

Someone posted here that he knows of some Dictators in a field.

The side mount hardware would be the same.

Here is my webpage with 1937 and 1940 parts.

http://photos.stude.us/stude37/

Bob