Working in Illinois

Guest sintid58

Guest sintid58

Wish I could have been in Seattle with the club. I came to Peru IL on July 31 and have been here since. I have been given a 2003 Impala LS for a company car. If seems pretty good and the gas mileage has been great. I don't expect to get back to South Dakota to see the family until after Labor day right now. Tina and the kids are planning on coming out to see me Labor day weekend. I am working as operations manager for a 112 truck compnay that was recently purchased by a new owner. All the trucks were leased to the company I was working for in South Dakota. The company I am manager of was loosing money and very close to closing the doors so there is much to do at this time. I have read some of your trip accounts and would have loved to have made the trip. Next year if we go it will probably not be for the entire week because my daughter Sarah graduates from the University of Hilo in Hawaii and I am not sure how much time I can get off. Mother is going to Hawaii regardless and I am going along so even though I am pretty close to Flint from here not sure I can make if for an extended trip. I would also love to go to the BDE annual trip in Wisconsin but all of that will not be in the cards for the summer I am sure.

Sid

Congratulations on the new job ! In your Impala you can make Flint in less than 5 hours, So we will expect to see you in Flint for the big show in 2008.

I understand you are also going to celebrate your 50th birthday soon, so a double "congratulations" ( I wish I was 50 again)

Guest sintid58

I hope that by the time of the National next summer things are settled enough so I can come out to Flint for all day Saturday and for the banquet. If it works would be nice to have Tina drive the Skylark out and then I could drive out from here. This time of year in the black hills there are thousands of bikers in the area for the Sturgis rally. The week before they start showing up and the week after they slowly leave. I was surpised I didn't see more old Buicks on the road but must not have been in the right place.