Replacement Rear Speakers for a Convertible

BBurk

Anyone have any suggestions on replacment 4 x 10 speakers for a convertible?

I have tried Pioneer TS-A4103's and they did not fit into the cutouts as they appear to be slightly too wide. I also tried Kenwood KFC-415C's and although they fitted much better in the cutouts, they were too tall as the tweeter was integrated into the plastic surround and and as such the surround couldn't be remove to lower the speaker height.

Any info would be most appreciated.

Guest F14CRAZY

I forgot which Kenwoods I used, but I had to trim a tiny bit from the car with a Dremel. I figured it wouldn't hurt originality or performance. If it helps I think they were two ways

• 3 weeks later...

A final follow up to 4 x 10 speakers. In addition to the fore mentioned speakers I also tried Memphis Audio 4 x 10's. Tweeter too tall. While at this particular audio shop I saw Eclipse SE 8405 3-way 4 x 10's. They fit! - without mods, sound great and are available on-line for about $60-$70. I hope this info saves somebody the time, money and hassle that I went through of finding correctly fitting 4 x 10 speakers

WoW...great thread...thanks guys...I an sure rear speaker replacement is in my near future (especially on the roadster as I am getting static, and possibly the coupe)...I am making copies of the thread....

Thanks again smile.gif as always the best forum that there is,

Nic

Jim,

These pair of speakers I bought at an audio store as I wanted to make sure they fit. Since I own a second convertible I am going to order the next pair on-line. I did a google search on them and found numerous sources but haven't order the second pair yet so I have no specific vendor yet.